Monday, October 29, 2007

Bloody Compression Socks and Memories... and other Sox stuff

Say whatever you want about Curt Schilling. I don't agree with his politics or his stance on, well, any issues, really, but I still admire his dedication to the game and his insistence on keeping his 38 pitches blog going in the face of a number of other time commitments (and much vituperation from fans and non-fans).

Last night's post is indicative of the view of Schilling as a person that makes me a fan. It might later be read as a sign-off, depending on decisions re: Schill's contract. He says he's up for one more year, though, and it would be fitting to let him retire in Bawston, if you ask me. But you didn't.

You also didn't ask me about Mike Lowell, but I'm'a tell you anyway - YAY and double YAY for the Series MVP moniker. Lowell is a great utility player - the way Phil Hartman was on Saturday Night Live - and he should get credit as such. To think he was a ridealong on another trade! Now he's a hot commodity, and the Sox will have to pony up to keep him.

I keep forgetting that the Sox are the second-highest-paying franchise in Major League Baseball. They still seem like scrappy homeboys to me. I guess that's successful marketing, I don't know. I love that dirty water...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home