Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Checking Out

File under: In A Bad Place

I've been dealing with some stressful work stuff, and also family stuff, and the thought crossed my mind today of "checking out." Don't get worried about me: it's not like THAT kind of checking out. I just meant, "a vacation from my problems." (Remember What about Bob??)

How awesome would it be to not be bothered by stupid, petty things, like why the guy down the hall gets his own office, and I'm stuck in cubeland? Why is everything I ever do, never going to be good enough? Why can I never be satisfied with what I have, which is a lot? Why did I get so angry with the Andersen Window Corporation yesterday?

I mean honestly, this is petty, quotidian shit. Who gives a rat's ass?! I can see how people become addicted to prescription drugs.

I'm going to focus my energy on becoming more doglike. I can see that if I don't use my powers for good, they will be used for evil.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

All the stuff that you do for me is more than good enough, it's outstanding

4:04 PM  
Blogger expediency101 said...

Thanks for saying that, Tony!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home