Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Yes, Facebook, I'm Still Married.

Willikers. Social media has caused some scandal among my friends and neighbors. Here's what happened. (No, A-Rod and Lenny Kravitz haven't broken up my marriage.)

When I was setting up my Facebook profile, I dutifully entered all my infos in the requisite fields. I checked the box "men" next to "interested in." I indicated where I went to school, and that I'm married. I paid no attention to the subsequent display of this data, and its broadcast to my Facebook pals, until someone pointed out to me that "Interested in Men" was showing up in my profile, which somehow signifies that I'm 'on the market.'

Cut to the other day, when I happened to review my Profile again, seeing now that I'd cut out all the other attributes, it just showed "married." Lest this particular factoid define me, I deleted that from the display. Apparently, this change was broadcast to all my Friends, with the requisite broken-heart icon, as "Lisa is no longer married."

Suppress your overwhelming disappointment, gentle reader, for I am not, as we say, on the market. Marrying Brad is the best thing I ever did. I just don't necessarily want to be defined by only that fact; rather, I want people to know about all of me - the Shark Week lovin', Journey singin', human-pyramid-formin' whole package.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home